jireh is a realist.
18 on the day of A level GP paper.
getting interested in photography.after a levels i would like to learn hiphop but i think i am the kind with 2 left feet. perhaps i'd pick up the guitar. or fine tune my piano skills. and learn french. hopefully i will be able to embark on all these grand plans and master something new with my pathetic weekends.
i have never experienced love. i have never looked at anyone and felt all fuzzy. all i have ever experienced, and this is sad, is lust, loneliness, and obligation.
To what extent
Sunday, April 19, 2009 @ 7:55 PM
I wonder to what extent some people can tell lies and still live with themselves, to what extent they can deceive people with their honey-ed words and sweet nothings, TO WHAT EXTENT they are able to gain real happiness with anything.
I wonder if my friends around me or even Jocie for that matter are merely making use of me to gain certain ascensions in their lives. I wonder if they treat me as stepping stones to achieve a greater, higher end. I fear to trust, for I fear that that is really the case and I will be the fool. Best to be guarded and not taken advantage of, no?
I wonder if those j1 girls are so nice to me and involving me in their endless gossipy conversations because they want me to like them and possibly nominate them for exco.
I wonder to what extent people can cheat to get ahead, how they are able to blatantly sabotage a friend so that he or she can get a post, how they are able to backstab someone in order to have personal gain.
Human nature is black, and yet not so black.
I rejoice at the strong family bonds of the Good Evans. Though Mum and Dad sing badly and the son is the only one with potential, Eliot still stuck firmly to his family and would not break free. Admirable, because even the judges feel that he can be the star.
I rejoice at the determination of Flawless as they work and strive to their goal, never letting anything hinder them.
I rejoice at the voice of Susan Boyle, and feel glad that finally the world has woken up and chosen to see someone beyond their mere exterior. Frumpy dishevelled Susan Boyle has given this world a wake up call that they have been needing for centuries. Admittedly I am guilty of such superficial judgements and stereotypes associating with the fat, ugly, old, uncool......but definitely that is not gonna be the case anymore.
I am inspired by her determination and the way she so firmly declared she wanted to be a professional singer at age 47, and how she was unfazed by the obvious skepticism and sniggers by judges and audiences alike.
We should have a Susan Boyle in all of us, not to be hindered by petty comments and criticisms. When has anyone not been criticized before? Its how we take it that makes us the better man :)
I learnt all these by watching Britain's Got Talent, and reflecting.
SO WATCH BRITAIN's GOT TALENT TOO!
P/S: I totally want to study in UK and marry a hot british chick!! Something like the one below :)
P/S/S: Congrats to dear for getting through first round of exco applicants, though of course you will ge through with me in the judging panel =)
Haha speaking of her interview, it was damn funny cos they all purposely guailan her cos of me. She put in her application form that her interests/talents was DANCING, so they requested that she dance for them. and she did a split!
Then she tried to tell a stupid joke and I guailan her by answering her riddle and destroying the punch line. Then she was like "OMG I HATE YOU LEH" so cute sia =)